Friday, June 17, 2011

Lunch with Air Race Travelers

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting with a few individuals who were stuck waiting on weather in Wichita, KS. I couldn't help but ask where they were headed. Anticipating they were taking some awesome jet to some exciting destination...I was thrilled to hear they were going to... (drum roll please)....
Iowa City, Iowa...! THEY WERE ENROUTE TO THE AIR RACE!

These two ladies who were from Embry Riddle (the Arizona one) and both recent graduates. One of the ladies is competing in her 2nd race, while the other is a first-time racer. It was exciting to see their enthusiasm and I cannot wait to see them progress through the race. We were able to go out for lunch and my husband and little boy were able to join us. Just before leaving, my husband wished them GOOD LUCK...and to come in 2nd, right behind KSU! (hahaaa) !!

So, in case there are any other travelers coming through Wichita, KS....if I'm at work and spy your airplane...I might have to come bother you to hear about the adventures!!

GOOD LUCK AIR RACE LADIES!

No comments: